2019 CT6 Premium Luxury - Cadillac CT6 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 Old 05-01-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angry 2019 CT6 Premium Luxury

I purchased a 2019 CT6 premium luxury on 04/16/2019.

I am quite disappointed in the ride. You can feel in the steering wheel and hear inside the cabin every lnperfection on the street the tires hit .It rides very stiff. Not at all smooth.

The controls for the ride selector the auto brake hold and traction control are almost impossible to see and very hard to get to when you’re driving. They set in front of the gear selector.

The auto stop feature is a real pia. You have to turn it off every time you restart the vehicle. Now I believe in saving gas however if you can afford a Cadillac you can afford gas.

There is absolutely no storage space in the center counsel.

There is no 12 V plug in accessory in the drivers area.

Because of the smaller design of the CT6 and the angle of the windshield the sunlight is always reflecting off the dashboard.

Now all the technology inside the CT6 is great. The radio is a disappointment as there is no cd player. Yes I am aware that you can Bluetooth your phone and your music through the radio system however I like to listen to books when on-a trip.

I replaced the tires that came on the CT6 ( Continental ) and replace them with Michelin. That took care of the road noise in the feel in the steering wheel.

I owned a 2007 DTS luxury II for 12 years. I wish I had kept it .

And finally I wish Cadillac would go back to doing what they used to do so well building a luxury car.

GMR
Omaha,Nebraska
post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

I need to make a correction about the tires. They were not continental tires they were Goodyear.
And the ride is still a big disappointment.

GMR
Omaha, Nebraska
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 10:30 AM

I have now owned two CT6s. I just bought my most recent one, also a premium luxury, back in March. I love the car. The ride is certainly firmer than a DTS, but the handling is also exceptional. I think the days of floaty rides is past us. Keep the car in touring mode. By the way, being able to shut off the auto off system is actually a wonderful benefit. Most cars these days don't allow that and you're stuck with the constant on/off at stops. Good luck to you!

post #4 of 4 Old 07-31-2019, 05:24 PM

I just bought a CT6 Premium Luxury because the dealers in my area (Long Island, New York) could not procure a Platinum for me to buy. I too am slightly disappointed as this car does not have some of the luxury features my previous car (2017 Mercedes Benz E300 Luxury model) has, But the car has many excellent features, like Super Cruise and Video Recording while driving. I am new to the forum and look forward to exchanging ideas with you all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac CT6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page